Summer Projection | Earlier Questions


I of late inherited this fine art deco makeup vanity (and a form of unmatching/painted matching pectus of drawers) from an Aunt who passed terminal fall, which is a fleck of a bittersweet story.  She was the loveliest of ladies (who never had whatsoever children of her own), simply was much loved yesteryear all of her nieces in addition to nephews. Last autumn she died of pectus cancer which had metastasized to unlike areas of her body.  Her mention was Auntie Betty, in addition to she has left a big hole inward all of our hearts.



Fast frontward to this yesteryear spring; my Mom in addition to her sisters got together to split approximately of my her things, where they set their names into a chapeau to portion fairly. So it ended upward my Mom's mention was picked for her railroad train of dressers, in addition to and hence it ended upward my Mom decided to gift them to me.  So hither nosotros are; after many tears, when it arrived this yesteryear weekend,  I didn't know how much it would touching on me to stimulate got it inward my house.

I retrieve this dresser from when I was a trivial daughter visiting my aunt. It had the master copy wood, in addition to I loved the thought of dresser specifically for putting on make-up. Years later, my Aunt re-painted it in addition to switched out the hardware for approximately pretty brass.




So directly that I stimulate got it in addition to although I practise beloved the mint light-green she chose, I mean value I'd similar to repaint it.  I've been thinking black. Inspired yesteryear a few pieces I've seen online, I thought nosotros could maybe await at a trivial inspiration today in addition to maybe you lot could assistance me out?

To start, I was inspired yesteryear Victoria (of Sfgirlbybay's) novel invitee room makeover (which I'm certain many of you lot stimulate got seen. I beloved the dark painted pectus of drawers in addition to and hence the mix of unlike materials all coming together.


And acre we're admiring this look, let's also accept a await at the contrary side of Victoria's invitee room. Those barkcloth drapes, the combination of wicker in addition to rattan, the dark against the white. So lovely right?


 Do you lot mean value my dresser volition await proficient dark yet?

Do you lot retrieve Christine Schmidt's Art Deco dresser DIY nosotros posted most before this year from her latest book?  Love what she did amongst the gilt leaf. I could add together that also perhaps?


I'd similar to embrace the topographic point inward something that would jibe the drape also. I spotted this palm-style cloth on Etsy that mightiness work.



So these are the plans. Feel costless to hold upward out other suggestions or ideas. Different colours perhaps? Maybe white? Do you lot similar the black? And remain tuned for the reveal!




Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel